Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Do You Feel Orange?

Yeah, why can't I feel orange? Or yellow? But I'm allowed to feel blue?! If you're anything like me, you feel colors and colors influence your feelings and moods too. When talking about orange there are no two ways about it: either you love it or you hate it! Either way, you feel passionate about it. And passion is one of the words associated with this color. There are also: heat, joy, energy, fall, harvest,  fire, warmth, sunshine, tropic... Orange combines the energy of red and the happiness of yellow. It is said that it produces an invigorating effect, and stimulates mental activity and appetite (not so happy about the last one). Vibrant and glowing, orange can add a punch of energy to any space. Orange is also often overlooked in home decor because of its intensity. But when balanced correctly, orange will add a happy, stimulating and even healing atmosphere to your home. I especially love the combination of orange with white and everything in bluish-grey direction. I could never paint an entire room in orange though, details in small doses infuse already lots of character. How about you, can you handle this color? Here are some vitamin C pictures from my inspiration files:
You like the pillow with rosette clusters in the last picture? You can find a complete instructions to make it yourself  here.
You also have to visit How About Orange blog - awesome! 
To learn more about the psychology of the color orange visit this website.

Share/Save/Bookmark

6 comments:

Sherri B. said...

I loved orange when I was in high school and first married but it fell out of fashion and I wondered what was I thinking? Now I see it is finding it's way back in bits here and there in my finds. How funny the way things go around. Thanks for reminding us how fresh it really is.

Unknown said...

Sherri, orange can be easily old fashioned if not used in modern and fresh combinations because it's already associated with the seventies and granny chic (orange with brown!).

My Owl Barn said...

Absolutely! I love the kitchen in the third picture. The combination of gray and orange seems to be gaining popularity lately.

Sirocco said...

You're right - one orange cushion or one orange wall looks fantastic! But that's enough. ;-) Love those kitchen storage boxes. Where are they from?

Yasmine said...

@Sirocco: I saw the boxes here.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I love that pillow with the black swirl flowers and orange drip. I have to have it, where can I get it! Please email me the information at privatediningtroy@
cameronmitchell.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...