Sunday, March 14, 2010

I Wish I Had A Secret Double Life

OK, it's not what you think...or is it? I'm talking about having a double style life! Normally I like simple, clean, modern and stylish lines in my clothes and in my home - nothing to busy, please. But since I discovered Swedish designer Gudrun Sjödén and her work I wish my name was Alice and I'd had a magic mirror that could take me in a wonderful colorful Gudrun Sjödén kingdom where I could live (secretly) happily ever after... 
Swedish designer Gudrun Sjödén has been designing her colourful, bold clothes and home wares for more than 30 years. She opened her first boutique in the Swedish capital of Stockholm in 1976 and has worked outside the parameters of conventional fashion ever since. She now has stores in Sweden, Denmark, and Germany. But you can also order her products or catalogs online.
Her clothes and home wares are rich and colorful, different and so beautiful. She gives a modern twist to traditional patterns. Her work is inspired by Scandinavian folklore and rustic interiors as painted by Swedish painter Carl Larsson. Gudrun works with a few simple shapes, the peasant blouse, the full folklore-inspired skirt, the simple grandfather shirt or bodice, the T-shirt, leggings and work trousers. But she also travels the world from Africa to Nepal, visiting suppliers and drawing inspiration for future collections. “The way I design clothes has always been influenced by three main sources – nature, Scandinavian design tradition and meeting people,” she says. Gudrun started having clothes made in India at the beginning of the 1990s, and, now, as she is making the company eco-friendly, she has sourced organic cotton from India. The best part is you can wear her things with a good conscience- Gudrun has a 'no child-labor' policy and uses no chemicals in the manufacturing process. Another interesting thing is that she uses models of all ages and sizes which work very well with this  brand.
For more information visit her website:  www.gudrunsjoden.com

Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Sherri B. said...

Great post. I have always gone toward the 'earthy' colors but as of late can see myself, maybe, doing some bright accents....hope your exam went well Sat. and today too.

Yasmine said...

Sherri, I'm also earthy colors type! But I would like to change it and to use more green, blue and white-I need more freshness. As for my exam: I was extremely nervous on Saturday but today it went rather well. Thank you for thinking of me and my exams, you are so nice...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...