Monday, November 16, 2009

Art - Working with paper

Many of you paper lovers out there must already know numerous artists working with this fascinating media. The Internet gave me often the opportunity to witness some great work but I never, ever saw so much beauty and new ideas  as I was reading about the new exposition in the Museum of Arts and Design in New York called Slash: Paper Under The Knife, from October 7, 2009 to April 4, 2010. This exhibition "..takes the pulse of the international art world's renewed interest in paper as a creative medium and source of artistic inspiration, examining the remarkably diverse use of paper in a range of art forms." 
I was especially  in awe of the work of a Dutch artist Ferry Staverman so I did a little research and found some beautiful examples of his work:






                     
If you love working with paper, be sure to check out the inspiring creations of the American and international artists. I smell the opportunity to make a wonderful Christmas gift for your loved ones or your friends. Since I don't live in New York, I could envision a weekend trip for two in the next six months (hope my DH reads this post).
Here are some links for you:

Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Gracie said...

This paperwork is adorable, and the colors are especially fun--they make me think of the funky how-to projects in Amy Sedaris' book, "I Like You: Hospitality Under the Influence."

Thanks for sharing these great pics!

--Gracie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...