Thursday, November 12, 2009

On a secret baking mission

Shhht! Let me close the door first, you never know who's listening...
So, now we are alone and I can tell you my little secret: since yesterday, I am on a secret mission in order to win a cooking / baking contest. I'm preparing a cake that is going to sweep the jury of their feet (what? one is allowed to dream!). The cake is finaly ready now, I took a picture of it this morning and now I only have to write the recipe.

The jury of chefs has to choose 10 recipes to publish on the website and only then it's going to be possible to vote for my (secret) cake. BTW, I have to tell you, I was painfully remainded of one of the Murphy's low yesterday evening as I was about to bake my cake: Anything that can go wrong will go wrong. Not that I'm not familiar with it already, oh no, my friends! In my life, I had a more then fair share of it. But I was a bit saddened that it had to prove me wrong at such an important moment. In fact the first prize is so important that it would allow me to renovate my small, ugly kitchen. It would still have to be on the budget, but I can be very humble, believe me. Anyway, I finally  assembled and decorated the cake to my satisfaction as of this morning. I have to send my recipe along with the picture till midnight today, 12th November. Now let's hope Mr. Murphy is busy with someone else till then...

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...