Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Ideas For Decorating With Leftover Wallpaper

After my last visit to the Home Depot I came home with two beautiful wallpaper samples. Actually I wasn't even looking for wallpaper, I'm not really a fan, I'm way to lazy to put it on and I would be even lazier to eventually remove it. But as I was looking for new paint for my second bathroom, I spotted some beautiful wallpaper rolls in the corner of my eye. There were so many new and beautiful  designs to choose from. Finally I decided to ask a salesperson for a sample from some of them. It should be enough for a little decorating project, I thought of a lamp shade for the base I already have. I also did some research on the Internet for other ways to use wallpaper samples or leftovers. So many intelligent, surprising and beautiful ideas crossed my way that I decided to share them with you. Here are some of them:





Isn't it obvious why I chose the pictures above with loads of pink? No? Look at the calendar...
For more new, lovely, surprising, inexpensive and DIY-doable ideas please continue looking after the jump (click on 'Read more'):














Also, on the website of care2 you can find an article by Ronnie Citron-Fink on 12 new ideas for decorating with wallpaper leftovers with some excellent DIY instructions. 
Image source: wohnidee.de; apartmenttherapy.com; diy-academy.eu

Share/Save/Bookmark

6 comments:

Diana@DevineDesigns said...

Fun, fun, fun. I bet some of these you could even do with wrapping paper! Lovely ideas - thanks!!

Yasmine said...

Sure, wrapping paper and scrapbook paper could do the job for some of these projects. Thanks for visiting,Diana!

tinypaperheart said...

love this post! :)

Yasmine said...

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Ah, decorating...

I haven't seen wallpaper since I left France, I notice people here would rather paint the walls.

Manny Amadi said...

Great post...great photos
Back in fashion and burgeoning with design potential, wallpaper has a place in everyone’s home. Wallpaper can hide a multitude of sins. If you use lining paper first on an uneven surface with hairline cracks and then add the decorative paper on top, you’ll get a superb finish that paint just can’t deliver

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...