Thursday, February 18, 2010

Back to Comfort Food

It was an incredibly beautiful sunny day today in Quebec. We've been in Canada for almost twelve years now and we never ever had such a nice winter. As we took a walk  today on Plaines d'Abraham, snow was melting and water was running downhill... Normally, in February we would have one snow storm after another, temperatures between -30 and -40 grade Celzius, the hardest part of  the winter. I'm so grateful for this winter. But it's still winter, right? And you newer know when it's going to turn ugly so you must be prepared. One of my favorite weapons against harsh winter is comfort food. I'm not going to start to elaborate on this as I believe that everyone  knows what a bowl of homemade soup can do for the poor winter plagued soul, right? I have a long list of comfort food worthy meals but I make very often one simple thing I've learned from my mother. Remember my first and my second post on my homemade bread? It's my mother who taught me how to make bread and how to make this little sweet "by-product" from the bread dough. Very simple and very yummy!
 All you need is a bit of  a bread dough, oil, icing sugar and vanilla sugar. You can also eat them with sour cream or other things you like if you don't like or don't eat sugar Watch the pictures bellow for instructions and if you have questions don't be shy. Bon appetit!
 
 
Go ahead, make them, you'll become an addict!

Share/Save/Bookmark

6 comments:

Ibyang said...

wow that looks so easy :)

Mama's Girl said...

Ouuuuuuuuh! Miam Miam. I keep forgetting these are made from bread. I know what I will be doing this week-end... =)

Unknown said...

@Ibyang: it is!
@MG: you go girl!

Anonymous said...

I agree, this winter is very warm. Not much snow either... the "big storm" right now only left like 5 cm of snow behind, hardly a big Canadian storm!

I should try this bread.

Unknown said...

Oooh my those look very good!!! Maybe we will try to make them one day.

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Those look so good! Yum!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...